Friday, August 3, 2007

Milestone!

"Wow." That's what crossed my mind on Sunday.

Quickly followed by, "oh crap."

First the "wow" part: I've reached my fundraising goal. With six weeks to spare.

"Wow."

I couldn't have done it without your support. And your pocket book.

I also couldn't have done this without a litle help from my friends at some of Troy's finest restaurants. A special thank you to Gordy at Piper's Pub for having me and my TNT teammates sling beer and other libations on two occasions. We raised over $700 over those two nights.

And McCormick and Schmick's, Maggiano's Little Italy, Kona Grill, and Mortons the Steakhouse are entered into the Hall of Fame. Thanks to their kindness and generosity, we raised over $1,500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on Sunday night.

Okay...so I maybe created a Hall of Fame, just for this occasion. Is there a "Progressive Dinner Hall of Fame?" Well, there is now, and they are the first inductees.

Sunday night, I have to tell you, was remarkable. I hope that everyone had as much fun that night as I had putting it together. I only wish I could have ridden on Bob the Bus. (That might be a story for another post.)

So, that's the "wow" part. Now the "oh crap" moment:

There's only two months left before I put my foot in the Potomac. Oh crap.

Suddenly, I am getting anxious. Now that my friends have gotten me there, I gotta live up to my end of the bargain.

And I only have two months to put it together. Oh crap.

I know that I've been training all along. I know that I'm happy with my progress.

Well, I was happy with my progress. Now that I look at the calendar ...hmmmm ...ahem ...well.

I am participating in the Craig Greenfield Memorial Triathlon this Sunday. It is a little longer than a Sprint Triathlon, and about 2/3rd the length of an Olympic Distance Triathlon.

That'll give me a good idea of where I am ... hopefully ...maybe ...oh crap.

No comments: