Friday, August 17, 2007

What about Bob?

I used to think that I was pretty smart.

I liked watching Jeopardy, mostly because I could answer a lot of the questions. Correctly.

My wife nicknamed me "the Knower of Insignificant Facts."

Although, Banana Man has a much better ring to it, don'tcha think?

As I've gotten into my later 30's, I'm beginning to see that...well...maybe...I'm not so smart after all.

At least I still remember some things. Detroit was lost to the British on August 15, 1812. Water flows to the point of least resistance. Don't ask Norah where she wants to have dinner, unless you want to go to Chuck E Cheese.

I especially like to think that I still remember the little things. Phone numbers. A friend's birthday. My anniversary.

Okay, so I missed the first anniversary. But, I've remembered every one since! hmmm....

"Wow, am I really losing it," entered my mind as Judd asked if he could bring Bob to the progressive dinner. "Who is Bob?"

"Hmmm....let's see. Three children. Yep. None named Bob."

I'm pretty certain his wife doesn't go by "Bob."

I know his family pretty well. Any brothers named Bob? Not that I recall. Someone from work, maybe? I know the people at his shop. Bob? Nope.

So, who is Bob?

Turns out Bob isn't a "who." Bob is a "what."

Bob is a 1970's vintage GMC RV. Judd bought it a few years ago and has spent the past few seasons fixing it up.

Bob has turned into the unofficial support van for the Marion Mustangs volleyball team. I imagine that the Brother Rice Warriors will make good use of it, as we did for the progressive dinner.

Bob made its first appearance of the night in front of McCormick and Schmicks. Originally Judd planned on leading the route as kind of a novelty. A few extra riders could hop aboard, he offered.

As we left for Maggiano's, Bob had about 10 passengers.

As we headed out to Kona, I think there were only 10 people NOT riding on Bob.

By the end of the night, I think I was the only one NOT on the bus.

Bob the Bus became our unofficial support van. Judd's generosity added so much to the experience of the dinner. I can't thank him enough for bringing Bob out that night.

We are planning on having another progressive dinner. I think we're planning a Valentine-themed event in February. I hope you will join us.

I hope Bob will join us, too.

No comments: